Manual therapy can play a supportive role in managing cough in everything from COPD to COVID pneumonia and bronchitis in both new and long standing respiratory infections. Combined with the right supplements, cough and mucus reducing drugs this is a game changer. Often this approach speeds recovery and helps you feel, rest and sleep better much more quickly! Here's an overview of some of the techniques Dr. Hayes may use for you.
- Deep Breathing Techniques: Deep breathing exercises to improve lung capacity and promote effective ventilation. Diaphragmatic Breathing which entails training in focusing on breathing with the diaphragm can often help optimize respiratory function.
2. Postural Techniques:
- Certain postures do facilitate better lung expansion and drainage of mucus, especially when combined with the right medication regimen. We often use and recommend specific positions that aid breathing.
- Chest Mobilization: Combined with posturing as above, manual techniques on the chest wall can help improve chest wall mobility and lung expansion.
3. Airway Clearance Techniques:
- Chest Percussion and Vibration: This one is huge. Gentle tapping or vibrations on the chest may help loosen and mobilize mucus in the airways, making it easier to clear.
some techniques that assist in effective coughing and clearing of secretions may be used too.
4. Manual Lymphatic Drainage:
- Gentle Massage Techniques: Manual lymphatic drainage techniques may be used to promote lymphatic flow and reduce congestion in the respiratory system.
5. Relaxation Techniques:
- Stress Reduction: Techniques such as massage and certain exercises can help reduce stress, which may positively impact the immune system.
6. Spine & Joint Mobilization:
- Rib Mobilization: Mobilizing the ribs and spine can enhance chest wall movement and potentially improve respiratory function. Oftentimes increased oxygen saturations can be noted right after treatments! ~ We Are Here for You
You don’t need to be alone in your pursuit of well-being. Our team is always available to help. If you'd like to schedule the next evaluation to find out which options are likely best for you, just go HERE.
Physician or PT? if you are interested in training, coaching or licensing a NeuropathyDR® Treatment Center just go HERE
Copyright © Perfect Practice Web, LLC | Dr. John Hayes Jr. All Rights Reserved, No Duplication or printing without written permission